The csevents extension that’s to be refactored
- csevents V0.0.11
Please note that the name “csevents” is just based on my initials “CS” and the “events” database. It’s got no connection to the “CS Events” companies found on web search engines.
I needed to have some consultancy about the extbase and fluid frameworks to start refactoring. The following book is a good “first steps” reference explaining the basic ideas and principles of the frameworks. It also gives you a first glance of Object Oriented Programming (OOP), Domain Driven Design (DDD) and Test First Development. I will do the next steps after reading this book in this blog, i.e. I will tell you about the challenges, problems and solutions I found while using the frameworks for my own real-life purposes.
Jochen Rau, Sebastian Kurfürst, Martin Helmich
The Typo3 Environment
- Typo3 4.5.37 (LTS) (upgraded from 4.5.32 on 18.11.2014)
- Typo3 extension extbase 1.3.4
- Typo3 extension fluid 1.3.1
- Typo3 extension phpunit 3.7.22
The Operating System
- Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS)
- Apache 2
- PHP 5.3.10
- Selenium WebDriver 2.32.0
- Firefox 20.0.1 (local /opt installation) for Selenium testing
- Firefox 33.0 (and higher) for browsing and using Typo3
It’s not necessary to have the same operating system in place in order to understand the content of this blog. It’s just for your reference. You may also run your development on other operating systems, of course.
- Eclipse Kepler Service Release 1
- Eclipse PHP Development Tools (PDT) 3.2.0
- Eclipse Mylyn 3.9.2 (upgraded from 3.9.1 during evolution of this blog)
- Eclipse Subversive 1.1.1
- Eclipse Ant
- Bugzilla 4.4.1
- Subversion (SVN) 1.6.17
You can use another IDE as well and naturally you don’t need all the administrative stuff like Bugzilla, Subversion and Mylyn just to do PHP development. I just refer to these tools (and recommend them), because they are very helpful to achieve an efficient development. Just for your information.
The Extension in real Life
The reference implementation of csevents is used on the website http://www.takelgarn.de/